An international patent for Quranic eye drops !
· Inspired by the shirt of Yousof (Joseph), an Egyptian Moslem scientist, unprecedently, managed to manufacture an eye drop to treat the cataract. How?
· Allah the Almighty describes Jacob:
“And he turned away from them, and said, ‘Ah, how great is my grief for Joseph.’ And his eyes turned white because of the sorrow that he chocked within him.”
· Whiteness, which is termed as cataract, affecting the eye is the opacity of the eye lens that prevents, partially or totally, the entry of light into the eye according to the degree of opacity.
Causes of Cataract:
1- A direct trauma to the eye lens. High temperature. Different types of radiation or flaring light, causing what is termed “radiation cataract”.
2- Opacity due to senile cataract, and diabetes mellitus that increases the concentration of fluids around the lens and absorbs its fluid, causing the presence of cataract rapidly. Severe grief causes the increase of adrenalin hormone which in turn causes increase of blood sugar, which is one of the opacity causes in addition to coincidence of grieving with weeping.
· What Prophet Yousof did, through a revelation from Allah, was that he asked his brothers to take the shirt of healing to their father:
“Go, take this shirt, and do you cast it on my father’s face , and he shall recover his sight; then bring me your family altogether.”
· “So, when the caravan set forth, their father ( Jacob ) said, ‘surely I perceive Yousof’s scent, unless you think me doting’. They said; ‘By Allah, you are certainly in your ancient error.’ But when the bearer of good tidings came to him, and laid it (Yousof's shirt) on his face, forthwith he saw once again. He said; ‘Did I not tell you I know from Allah that you know not?’ (Qur’an 12: 94-96)
Hence is the beginning and the guidance!
· What healing could be there in the shirt of the Prophet, Yousof ?
· After meditation, the Egyptian Moslem scientist, Dr. Abdul Basit Sayed Mohammed, did not find except sweat. He began to search the components of sweat. He immersed lenses extracted from traditional surgeries of cataract in the sweat. He found out that a state of gradual transparency is established in these opaque lenses.
· The second question was: are all sweat components effective in such a case or is it only one of its components? He later realized that one of its main components was the urea (Goandin), and which could be chemically prepared.
· Results of investigations on 250 volunteers revealed removal of cataract and restoration of sight for more than 90%.
· So, inspired by the Surat of Yousof, the Moslem scientist Dr. Abdul Basit Sayed Mohammed of the National Centre of Researches in
· Allah the Almighty said;
“And We send down, of the Quran, that which is a healing and a mercy to the believers.”